Friday, November 14, 2008

Can I still do Halloween?

I have a feeling all of my posts will start with "I'm a little late on this, but....." Halloween was only 2 weeks ago, which, in Tawnya-land, is like yesterday. So, we'll go ahead and do our Halloween post!





Halloween was so fun this year. Rachelle and her girls were up here, and we got to play dress-up with my boys. We also got to go to the Pumpkin Walk and take the kids there. They had a lot of cute scenes this year, but seriously.... COLD!!! Rachelle was so excited to break out the heavy-duty winter wardrobe! Coats, gloves, scarves, etc. It was the middle of October, for crying out loud, and she's bundled up like she's at the North Pole! I'm excited to see her in the middle of January!

Mason was a Pumpkin. He absolutely HATED the costume. Well, he hated it until Kaitlyn wanted wear it, and then suddenly it was HIS and he HAD to have it! No sharing! Ha ha... Thanks, Kaity!



























Drew was a black cat, but for John's sake.... He was a panther. A manly panther, not some girly little kitty cat. And he looked manly. And terrifying. He was a very tough little kitty. Umm... I mean a very tough and scary and manly panther. See the rage in those eyes? And the scariness of that mouth?


Yeah. Me neither. Cute little thing!

















Grandma Dot's party was great again, as usual, and the kids had lots of fun. Mason got loaded up on candy and got to join the tea party for the first time! He did a great job, other than that dreaded costume.

Jentry was out having fun in Arkansas, so we missed having her with the family. Grandma Dot was nice enough to send her home with lots of goodies the next time we saw her, though, so hopefully that helped make up for her missing the shindig!


We were lucky enough to have one more day of Halloween, and go party with Toni's family. Those people are PARTIERS! Ha ha... They do dinner, and games, and then have a little train ride through the Haunted Corn Field. Jentry loved it last year, and has not stopped talking about it, so we thought we'd better take up Toni's offer and crash the family fun again!












Yes, people, the big tall creepy guy is Toni's husband. The Doctor.... Seeing him in this get-up reassured me that he would be well trusted to look after me in the case of emergency. And he's going into pediatrics. I don't know about you, but I know my children would feel so comfortable with him!!! Ha ha.... (Disclaimer: He really is normal and I'm sure he's a very amazing Dr.!)








3 comments:

Toni said...

Amazing Doctor? The best freakin doctor you will ever meet! I love a good Halloween post in the middle of November. Especially when the photos include me!!! Love the blog, Your little man is so stinking cute, I need to snuggle him again. Same date, same time next year right?

Katie Jane said...

Hey!! Toni called me and told me you had a blog and I am very excited!! I will be checking it often and harassing you if I feel you haven't posted frequently enough. Love your guts!

Joel's Family said...

That is one scary panther for sure. I love the blog. I am excited to start stalking you. Hope the kids are feeling better.